Featuring spectacular sandy white beaches, pristine coastlines and famous for hosting the Grand Prix, Phillip Island is the perfect place to head for a sensational seaside adventure! Here we take a look at some of the regions hot spots:
Phillip Island Nature Parks
This not-for-profit organisation host a number of quality ecotourism experiences designed to bring out your wild side! Revenue raised contributes to research, environment and education projects. Here are the five major parks:
- Penguin Parade – View the world’s smallest penguins returning ashore after a day’s fishing!
- Antarctic Journey – Marvel at Antarctic wildlife through multimedia displays and ‘virtual’ interactive experiences.
- Churchill Island - Experience a piece of Victoria’s heritage on this historic island. Explore the grounds, enjoy farm activities and soak up the tranquil scenery.
- Wild Ocean EcoBoat Tours – Get up close to one of Australia’s largest fur seal colonies!
- Koala Conservation Centre – See koalas up close in their natural habitat with tree-top board walks and extensive trails.
A Maze'N Things
Unleash your inner child (or just keep the kids entertained), with a visit to this mind boggling museum! Get your head chopped off, be shrunk to half your size and spend a good hour or so tackling one of Australia’s largest mazes! If you’re feeling a bit daring, you can also tackle the Phillip Island SkyTrail - a ten metre high adventure ropes course!
Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit Visitor Centre
Rev heads can rejoice with a chance to experience this iconic venue in the flesh! You can enjoy go karting and even a hot lap with an experienced race driver! If you prefer to stay upright, you can enjoy a guided circuit tour and can even step back in time with the newly renovated History of Motorsport Display.
National Vietnam Veterans Museum
Founded and built by Vietnam veterans, this museum provides visitors with an authentic, emotional, educational and rewarding journey through the tumultuous years of the Vietnam conflict.
Phillip Island’s highest point and one of Victoria’s most popular surfing beaches! You can follow one of the four coastal walking track loops and stop at viewing platforms to take in breathtaking views of the Pinnacles. You will also find a choice of food and shopping venues at the entrance.
Rhyll Trout & Bush Tucker Farm
Learn from friendly fishing instructors how to catch a rainbow trout in a picturesque tree-lined lake and in the indoor ‘Rainforest Pool’. You can either take your catch home with you or ask the chef to transform your trout into a tasty meal! There are also 1.2kms of walking tracks showcasing species of native foods.